Thursday, March 6, 2008

Yet another reason that dating is not so much fun...

Instead of being the usually forthright, well-spoken, independent, loud person that I usually am, I turn into a wimp. It's like I lose the ability to express myself verbally, when I usually don't shut up have the opposite problem. I attribute this to having dated for the past 16 years and having been rejected or ignored by men, although I've done a good deal of rejecting myself.

So, I might see the bf tonight, which is great. But it looks like I'll be totally ignored again until probably Sunday night so he can have a family bonding weekend, which is fine. But is it too much to ask for just a phone call to say "hi?" I don't really think so. I think it would make "us" better even. And it would make the now too-infrequent-for-me phone calls more enjoyable and less like an explanation from him as to why he hasn't called in a few days, and won't begin with #1--me wondering if I should even pick up the phone and just start "playing games" or #2--with me telling myself to stay calm, don't get mad, and be patient.

I am kind of feeling a little neglected and isolated in the "attention to me" department.

No comments: