Sunday, March 2, 2008

I don't know what the man was thinking


So, this weekend I had plans with my bf. He called on Friday morning and asked if I'd like to go to the movies on Saturday. Of course I said yes. But because my curly locks needed some attention I couldn't get together until later on in the day. Ok, fine.

On Saturday he calls at 5 and says he'll be over in an hour. Great! When he shows up I am wearing a pair of my skinny jeans that I now fit into again as a result of either my recent illness, my no-fun diet, or a combination of both. So, I was in a pretty good mood, and excited to see him. Then he tells me he has a few ideas for our evening plans, and then informs me that he has a 9pm curfew. After mentioning the 9pm curfew I don't think I heard another word he said. It was only 6pm and he's telling me he needs to leave at 9. (I am actually going to write the words instead of just the letters to the following phrase because when I think about it still I become furious). WHAT THE FUCK????

This is what I wanted to tell him: I spent 1.5 hours getting ready to see you and you're going to give me a whole 3 hours????? Oh thank you very much! Well since you care so much about spending quality time together and not hurting my feelings, I want to show you how much I care too. I am so concerned about your 9pm curfew that I think you should leave RIGHT NOW so you won't be late. You can call me again when you've found your brain, apologize to me, and realize what an ass you are for making me feel like that.

This is what I really said: NOTHING. I don't remember what his first suggestion was for the evening because as I previously mentioned I had an out-of-body experience and lost my sense of hearing for a while. His second suggestion was to play a board game. My thought: I'm sorry, I just spent all this time to look good for you to stay inside and play a game????? I could have done that in my PJ's, and I'm not talking about the sexy ones.

So, I finally say "I thought we were going to the movies?" And he says, "oh yeah," that is what he wanted to do anyway. We finally left for the movies and I was NOT in the best of moods. He was trying to be cute and flirty and I was avoiding eye contact. And I really wish that I hadn't been in a bad mood because I was really looking forward to seeing him and would have loved to have taken advantage of his flirtations, but I was so hurt and angry.

Here's why: I can only really spend every other weekend with my bf because he has other commitments on the weekends in between, which I would not dream of interfering with, at least until I am invited to spend time with him and the commitments, which I hope will happen eventually. And I see him during the week once or twice which is fine. But I look forward to the weekends when we can spend real quality time together instead of rushing around and stressed out. So when he tells me that he only has 3 hours for me, it hurts my feelings because it makes me feel like he doesn't understand that being in this relationship and understanding his commitments is tough for me, and it makes me feel like he doesn't value our time together. Does that make sense?

Ok, so if you think that was the end of the story then just wait. The movie started at 7. So, movie starts and we're watching it. Around 8:45 the BF says that the movie is dragging and asks if I want to leave (you know, on account of the 9pm curfew and all, which I ignore and mention nothing of). And I say in an annoyed tone that if he wants to leave then I'll go. We stay until the end of the movie. As we're leaving he asks if I want to grab a bite to eat. We go get food and bring it back to my house. He finally leaves at 11pm after telling me all that he has to do on Sunday. I was in a better mood, but still aggravated.

And the whole time I didn't say a word.

Your thoughts? I have a right to be angry, right?
And as for the picture, that is how evolved my bf acted this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously. As a woman, an attorney, a person who has a limited amount of time and energy, and taking into account the time it takes to get ready, the amount of time thinking about and looking forward to plans made days in advance, and the fact that every man you are with should want to spend every frickin waking moment with you - he's exactly what your picture says he is. A MONKEY. At least his toddler ass stayed till 11. And he didn't turn back into a pumpkin...head