Friday, March 28, 2008

Super busy all of a sudden

So, this morning I came into work thinking it would be a calm leisurely day. Just finish up a few things that I want to show to the boss on Monday, and that would be it.

Instead, I got a big assignment and have been frantically working on it all day, and filling up many tapes of dictation with important lawyer talk that is too voluminous to actually type myself, so I just say it on a tape recorder and someone types it up for me because I'm not great with typing fast. So, in order to let my secretary know we'd be busy today I told her that I had a long tape that needed to be typed up and I'd give it to her before lunch (because I definitely didn't want for her to wait to start until after lunch, and also because I was going out for a long lunch with all the associates). Ok, so at around 11 I gave her 1 tape to start typing up. But then when I was ready to give her another tape around 3:15, she was nowhere to be found. And then I was told she went to the hair salon downstairs to her hair done. I was none too pleased with that news. Especially because I already know that I will probably have to work this weekend to finish the DRAFT that she is now typing up in order to convert to to FINAL form. That means my shit needs to be typed up before the secretaries leave! So, I asked our very nice new secretary to help me and finish my second tape. She gladly agreed, which I am very appreciative of.

And in the midst of my super focused state, frantically swaking away and searching through hundreds of documents, some one's secretary calls me to talk about scheduling a mediation. And do you know why I got the call? Because MY secretary was getting her hair done. So, I told this person on the phone that I was very busy. I didn't have the time to talk to her right now and to fax me a letter saying whatever she wanted to say to me and I would address the letter on Monday. Of course I am super busy on Monday too, with 2 hearings in the morning, a witness and exhibit list due by the end of the day, and I have to finish the big assignment. So, in reality I will probably not get to the letter until Tuesday, if she even sends it.

So basically, since I was really busy, and I LOVE it when I'm busy at work, I was a real bitch to everyone else that was bothering me today, except for the people I work with. Honestly, this is the part of the job that I love:) Go me.

PS--I'm still leaving when everyone else does to go to happy hour. I deserve it!

No comments: