Monday, March 24, 2008

It's just one of those days

A day that you want to stay in bed and pull the covers over your head. A day that you DEFINITELY don't want to be working, or even at work not working. BUT I had to come to work. I have a meeting this afternoon. A long boring meeting where people talk about insurance. I have no doubt I will say about 5 words in this whole meeting. I'll just have to sit there the whole time listening to people talk about insurance while I daydream about the 3,432,542 other things I'd rather be doing.

And while we're at it, can I just tell you how difficult it is to get motivated to do work when you really don't want to be at the office? I say this as it is 11 am and I haven't done a damn thing yet except visit my favorite websites like:

The Washington Post site--they do a feature called "Date Lab," where the Post staffers set people up on blind dates. If I still lived in DC and didn't have a bf that I was crazy about, I'd let them set me up. Anyway, it's a cute feature and you should start reading it if you don't already.

The New York Times--If you didn't already know, this is the best newspaper in the entire world. Don't argue with me, just accept it as fact and move on. On Mondays I like to ready the wedding section, you know, to torture myself to see if I know anyone that got married.

And then I like to visit every other site I can think of before I "really" get to work. Oh, and I'll usually go around the office and chat with everyone about their weekend.

Is it bad that I'm already thinking about what time I can leave? This is not good.

No comments: