Monday, March 3, 2008

Good Sunday



On Sunday of this weekend, in an effort to make up for my mediocre Saturday and lingering aggravation, I decided to go to the Dan Marino Wine and Food Festival with my sis, her friend, and the friend's bf. Sis came over early and she helped me get rid of the left over Super Bowl beer that had been in my fridge since, well, the Super Bowl of course! Then the friend and her bf show up and we all headed out under the impression that the Fest started at 2. Well it started at 3. So, to kill some time we decide to break in the new wine glasses we were given after paying our $55 entrance fee. We head to the closest wine shop (which was about 15 feet away) buy a bottle of wine and drink it. After that we shop until the Fest "officially" starts. Although for us it started hours before.

When the Fest finally beings we head off going from booth to booth sampling wine and eating yummy food (although not enough as I woke up starving on Monday). When the Fest finally winds down around 6:30 we feel very cultured having tried some great wines and we're a little toasted, but not falling down drunk (which would have led to a not-so-fun hangover and me being in a REALLY bad mood on Monday morning.). After sis leaves with a giant glass of water in hand, I kind of watch 60 Minutes until I pass out fall asleep on the couch. I don't know what time I woke up, but I decided to go upstairs and get into bed. That was at 9pm. And I slept until around 6 this morning when I woke up in a good mood and with a clear head.

And a good time was had by all!

No comments: