Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Weird dreams

Occasionally I remember my dreams, and they are never run of the mill. They are strange and I wonder what my subconscious mind is trying to work out up there.

This is last nights: I was on a military ship, but there were no military activities going on there. I was like an artist colony, on a ship. And this new artist came on board that everyone was really excited about. And he was always talking to me. And then I fell asleep, and when I woke up, the guy had painted all over me! And then I got mad because he'd painted my nails and they looked like crap. And anyone that knows me knows I am obsessed with my appearance like to look nice and would totally expect me to react that way. Ok, so I'm still on the ship and I go to my friend (a person I've known since I was 5, but lost contact with after high school, and recently contacted me on Facebook) and I complain to her about this guy who painted on me. She tells me that he's a genius and an expert in his field, yada, yada, yada.

And then the ship starts going up the Miami River. And hits one side of the bank and then the other and is ricocheting from side to side, and it's really stormy out and raining, and I'm holding onto a ladder attached to the ship and a rope. And then I wake up.

I know. I'm a freak.

Ok, I looked some things up and this is what I came up with. See explanation below and my comments:


Military
To see the military in your dream, signifies rigid authority and emotional repression. Disciplinary action may be brought upon you. (that would not be good)

Ship
To see a ship in your dream, denotes that you are exploring aspects of your emotions and unconscious mind. The state and condition of the ship is indicative of your emotional state. If it is a cruise ship, then it suggests pleasant moods. If it is a warship, then you are experiencing feelings of aggression.

Storm
To see a storm in your dream, signifies overwhelming struggle, shock, devastating loss and catastrophe in your personal affairs. The storm also represents unexpressed fears or emotions, such as anger, rage, turmoil, etc. On a more positive note, the storm signifies the rising of spirit within. (Ok, this makes sense. I didn't seem to have any trouble holding on to the ship in the middle of the storm)

Friend
This symbol foretells of happy tidings from them and the arrival of good news. (That's true. She said I looked great.) To see your childhood friend in your dream, signifies regression into your past where you had no responsibilities and things were much simpler and carefree. (What adult doesn't wish for that?) You may be wanting to escape the the pressures and stresses of adulthood. (Um, ya think?) Consider the relationship you had with this friend and the lessons that were learned. Alternatively, the childhood friend may be suggesting that you have been acting in a childish manner and you need to start acting like an adult. (What the hell? Just kidding. I'm pretty sure I've already recognized that and have started to act like an adult 75% of the time instead of 50% of the time. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.)

No comments: