Friday, January 18, 2008

What is wrong with me this week?

I think I may have a tiny anger problem. Or maybe I just feel the need to tell people that they did something wrong when it pisses me off too much. Earlier this week I was at the gym, and I noticed that there was a guy on the machine next to me. And, this was the next machine I wanted to use. When the guy got off the machine, he left behind 200 pools of sweat. Disgusting. I asked him if he was going to wipe down the machine as he kind of made it unusable to other gym-goers. He told me "No." I called him a pig. Oops.

This morning on my drive to work I got trapped behind a slow driver in the FAST lane. But before I finish the story, let me provide a little background. My drive to work takes anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes depending on the following: whether it's raining, if school is in session, how many morons get into accidents, how many trucks catch on fire, how many trucks flip over, and whether the police are giving out tickets for violating the HOV lane rule (which I got a ticket for, and which I no longer violate--I've learned my lesson). Usually, there is no traffic for the first half of the drive, and the second half is bumper to bumper. So, I try to drive very fast for the first half to make up for the time that I will spend going 10-15 MPH for about 9 miles. Today, the slow driver was wrecking my normally speedy drive by going about 50 MPH in the FAST lane, where I normally drive 75. And, there was another car in front of me that was trapped too. So one the car in front of me moved out of the way, I sped up to the slow car, tailgated and flashed my lights until the slow MF got out of the way.

I was really just trying to let her know "hey lady, I know you're about 72, so should you be in the old people lane all the way to the right and not in the far left lane where people who actually need to get somewhere are driving." As I passed the slow retiree, she gave me the finger! And noticing that her window was open I decided to slow down, open my window and educate her on how to properly drive on the roads. Now, she probably didn't hear a word I said, but I think she was shocked that I actually did it. And then I sped off to sit in traffic for another 25 minutes.

I need to get control of my road rage, seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess you are not normal . . .

--- Sarah J Boyce sarah.j.boyce@aexp.com wrote:

> Ok I've skimmed the blog below and it's NOT normal,
> entertaining and scary
> all at the same time
>
> Sarah J. Boyce
> Manager - Risk, Information & Banking
> (w) 212-640-6344
> sarah.j.boyce@aexp.com
>
> Alison Fine alifine@hotmail.com>
> 01/16/2008 10:26 AM
>
> To
> Sarah J Boyce/AMER/TRS/AEXP@AMEX
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: i'm patiently awaiting
>
> curlatini.blogspot.com
>
> thought i sent it... def read december
>
>
> To: alifine@hotmail.com
> Subject: i'm patiently awaiting
> From: sarah.j.boyce@aexp.com
> Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:27:22 -0500
>
>
> The Jenny A BLOG!!! please and thank you, I need a
> new distractor = )
>
> Sarah J. Boyce
> Manager - Risk, Information & Banking
> (w) 212-640-6344

Wide Lawns said...

I have the same problem. I'm trying to stop though but I swear I need anger management classes or something. I thought it was because I live in what has to be the rudest place in the entire country with the biggest idiots, but oh my god, what if it's just me? No. Can't be.