Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lawyer told not to be productive

This is a real WTF moment. We have no more paper in my office. I am busily working away, printing important legal documents to get my clients out of paying millions of dollars, and a secretary tells me "you know, we're out of paper." First of all, let me just ask a question? How is that any of my concern?????

I'm the attorney, I don't worry about being out of paper. That's someone else's job. I went to school for a decade I'm not going to worry about stocking paper for the office. Secondly, why the hell doesn't someone go out and get paper? Is it that difficult? I know there's an Office Depot around here. Lastly, I'm supposed to stop doing work because we're out of paper??? The time I bill for this office is what pays for the paper, the paper clips, the toner, envelopes, and most importantly, the person's salary who is responsible for making sure we have paper! So, why doesn't this person just get off their ass and do their job so I can bill the client and make sure that "the paper person" can get paid on the 15th and 30th of each month? My secretary finally got mad about the whole thing and "someone" was sent out to get paper:)

I'm annoyed. When can I leave? Early I hope. My new guy is coming over tonight for din din, to hang out, "and do normal people stuff." Those are really his exact words. He's adorable.

No comments: