Monday, January 21, 2008

She left why?

Ok, this is good kind of (for me at least). And I say it's good because it doesn't mean that I am not the only one that doesn't really like to work. My boss left early because she was too cold. Seriously. I am not lying; When crap like this really happens, there's no need to.

Yesterday we had what we in South Florida call a "cold front," but it was a weird one. It was windy out like a tornado was sitting right over the area and, I'll admit, it was a little cold. Today, It's still just as windy, but not really cold. Currently it's 69 degrees (no I did not make that up, you can check the Weather Channel website) and 74% humidity. Which means it's like 74 degrees out.

But, even having only worked at this firm for about 3 months, I already know what the temperature is going to be like. It depends on the outside temperature. If it's hot outside, my office will be sweltering and if the temperature is around 72 outside, it will be as if I work in a freezer. So today, I expected freezer weather and wore a wool sweater and pants. I'm still cold. But, when I'm cold I don't get to whine to everyone about it and leave early, I have to stick it out until the end of the day. Apparently when the boss is cold she can leave at 11:30am.

So, either she was really cold, or she likes working less than I do. My guess is the latter.

2 comments:

cadiz12 said...

wow. going home because you're cold? must be nice!

in a bout of insanity, i tried to make the 10-block walk from the train to work because it *felt* warmer. (it's 12 degrees and snowing). i only made it six blocks before hopping on the bus.

Curlatini, Esq. said...

And she also posted her manicure and pedicure appointments on the golbal work calendar. Great, because I really care that she's getting her nails done.