Friday, January 18, 2008

Tiger attack!

I think that most people have heard of the tiger attack at the San Francisco Zoo. It happened on Christmas Day. One kid was killed by the tiger and two others got a little chewed up. A lot of the media outlets have focused on whether the tiger was being taunted, and my question is, why does it matter??????

Saying that the tiger attacked because it was taunted is like saying a rape victim was asking for it because she's female. What exactly could have enraged the tiger enough to attack a person. The last time I checked, tigers don't speak English. So, I don't think that the tiger was mad over "your mama" jokes. And if yelling and waving at the animal is "taunting" then I guess zoos should just stop allowing people in because I am pretty sure that most kids do that when they're at a zoo.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Yeah, really, what did they say? "Yo mama so dumb, her stripes are horizontal." "Yo mama so ugly she has spots." "Yo mama teeth so yellow, looks like she's eatin' buttered antelope when she ain't."

I've "tagged" your blog randomly to play "Name 7 Celebrities You Have Met" or "Name 7 Weird Things About Yourself." It's just a goofy game and if things like this irritate you, please ignore me! Personally, I would have done that myself, but I was "tagged" by a friend and thought the topic would be fun.