Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Political commentary

I don't pay that much attention to the people running for president. But, now that I get up at the crack of dawn every day (it's usually still dark outside, not even dawn yet), I always catch the first half hour of the Today Show (my absolute favorite morning show. I miss Katie. Meredith is starting to grow on me. I love Matt, but I wish he wouldn't interrupt the people he's interviewing when he does "serious" interviews). For those of you that don't know, the first half hour of the Today Show is all "real news," no fluff, they save that for after 7:45am.

OK, so Mike Huckabee, Arkansas' Governor is running for president. And everyone is making a big deal out of the fact that he's a Baptist, although that's not as bad as being a polygamist Mormon. And he's making inappropriate comments jokes about Mitt Romney's religion. I have no idea what someone's religion has to do with the way they run a country. The only thing I really think is that the President should pray a lot because there is a hell of a lot of shit they can fuck up as President, like start a war for no good reason and waste billions of dollars. So, I probably wouldn't vote for an atheist. Anyway, the candidates for president are making such a big deal about what religion each of them are, and it's really stupid.

Religion alienates people, it doesn't bring them together. So when Huckabee puts these commercials together and says "what really matters [this time of year] is the celebration of the birth of Christ" WTF???? Seriously Mike Huckabee, not that I would vote for you anyway. But if I was a conservative, that comment would be a deal-breaker. I think he's lost him mind, for reals yo.

Secondly, Huckabee is not a presidenty sounding name. It sounds like a character's name from a Mark Twain novel. Huckabee doesn't command respect. You gotta have a presidenty sound name to be president. And lastly, his family is ugs. They were not blessed in the looks department. His sons are not just ugly, but fat too. Hide them. Don't show them to people before you get elected. That would be my advice to Mike if I were his campaign manager. But, I would never tell him directly. I'd make someone else tell him so they would get fired and I wouldn't. I'm smart like that.

No comments: