Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Bad Kissers

There has been a lot of talk this week about bad kissers, due to a cnn.com article entitled "Why Bad Kissers Don't Get to Second Base." There's been talk on the morning radio shows, and the Today show will probably do a hard-hitting piece on it soon. So I decided to share my own story as the recipient of a bad kiss........

I once didn't go out with a guy again because he was such a bad kisser. We went out to dinner, and then had drinks at a bar. I guess we had a nice time, but it was probably about 7 years ago and it's kind of hard to remember. In fact, I don't even remember the guy's name, but I DO remember the kiss. He kissed me at the end of the date. He slobbered all over my face. It was disgusting. I wanted it to stop. I wanted to run inside and bathe in anti-bacterial gel. I tried to get away from him by leaning backwards. But the more I leaned back, the more he leaned forward, and at the end of the kiss, I was almost totally bent over backwards. Now, I guess he wanted to go out again or he still liked me after the kiss because he kept calling and I kept ignoring the calls. Finally I had a friend answer the phone and tell the guy I was at my "boyfriend's" house. And I never had to endure another slobbery back bend kiss again!

On the other hand, while I have had some not so great first kisses (and by not so great I mean that they were 90% better than the slobbery back bend), I went out with the guy again and the next kiss after that was fantastic. So I think that unless you are the recipient of the "slobbery back bend," if you like someone enough, give them another opportunity at the kiss. If it's still bad, sleep with them, and if THAT is bad, then dump them by saying "it's not you, it's me."

1 comment:

ipanemic.com said...

"Sleep with them." That's funny.