Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas party distraction

So tonight is the office Christmas party and people in my office are not doing work because they are busy getting their hair done in their offices and their nails done in the salon downstairs. Now, my question is: am I supposed to make a big deal out of this party? I wore a cute dress to work, my nails are done, and come on people--my hair pretty much always looks good! Even if I'm having a bad hair day, no one notices but me. And today is a good hair day, so just use your imagination. And this morning I was too busy working to try to meet a deadline and then on a long boring conference call to get caught up in all that crap.

And, you know what else? My new boss is starting to send me to court. The other attorneys said it would never happen, but next week I have a hearing in Broward and another in West Palm. Then mediation in my guardianship case, which is scheduled for 9:30a.m.. I wish it was in the afternoon, because after it fails after about an hour, I could just go home and do something more enjoyable than work.

FYI--I issued a report in the guardianship case that is not favorable to one party and the person's attorney called me to "discuss" my report. The attorney was totally confusing the situation, mixing one comment I had made with another, even though the comments were made in totally different contexts and had nothing to do with the other. The attorney is kind of scary, says she's going to take my deposition, trying to intimidate me. And then she starts filing these motions and I read them and realize how stupid she is. She has no clue how to write. And just as she was confusing my comments and trying to make me see that her client is not really a scumbag, she did the same thing with her writing--Attempting to blend one argument with another that has no logical relationship in order to be "convincing." She sucks, end of story. So try to intimidate me you dumb, loud, bitch because now that I really know what an idiot you are, I will just be entertained when you try to get all "lawyery" on me and laugh.

But, I did run into her in the grocery store on Monday after I had just finished working out. I was incognito because I was in my gym clothes and didn't have any makeup on. So, she didn't know it was me and just so she didn't have another opportunity to possibly think it was me, I made a sharp right turn into the organic food isle and stayed there until I though the coast was clear. So, ha, take that! You can't intimidate me because I'll hide from you! They don't teach stuff like that in law school people. That's real world on-the-job training. Priceless!

No comments: