Thursday, April 10, 2008

Just for laughs

Hi All. I am super f&^%ing busy today and don't really even have time to write this. So, I'm going to post an e-mail from one of my neighbors to the former president of the HOA, which was then forwarded to me as the President of my HOA. I'll also post my response. Let's just say I am a stickler for the proper use of grammar and punctuation. And, I also like to spell things correctly. Having said that, after reading this e-mail from my neighbor, I really wished she had paid attention in elementary school. Have fun reading:
_____________________________________________________________

hi Former HOA Pres i clled you afew weeks back you were not homei spoke with your relative what happened is myplayrrom front room downstairs was leaking fromceiling into wall i called my roofer which was done 1yr ago they checked it it turns out it was the frontsiding of the structure of the house it is totallywarped in and cracked ubder the other upstairs bedroomwindow the rrofer said it was the stucco i have anuncle big into construction he will look at it andrefer someone to usat this point we nnedd to all meetthanx for your time hope your well -Neighbor that has a 1st grade education
_______________________________________________________________

Now, the fact that I understood that e-mail enough to respond to it is something that I'm not proud of. Here's my response:

Dear neighbors,

Unfortunately the problem you are experiencing is not covered by the Home owner's Association. Each individual homeowner is responsible for the building that lies on your property's legal description. The legal description of your property can be found on the Broward County Property Appraiser's website, and also probably in the following locations: your mortgage documents, the title to your home, and the deed to your home.

The Association is only responsible for common areas such as the pool, etc. If you would like further information on the items for which each homeowner is responsible, I will be happy to photocopy the applicable sections of the Association By-Laws.

Therefore, if you need to repair your property, do not look to the Association for financial contribution.

Love,
Curlatini, Esq.
____________________________________________________________

If they understood my response I'd be shocked.

No comments: