Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday report

Not much to share these days people. It's been a pretty quiet week, minus the tropical storm which I used as an excuse to work from home on Tuesday. And, for once I actually worked from home and got a LOT accomplished. But also because of the storm, I had to cancel the meeting with my CPA about my office opening. Gotta call to reschedule later today.

My kitty Miga is doing great. She is the cutest thing ever! Except when she scratches Mommy's expensive furniture. I got her a scratching post and put it in front of the corner of the couch she is most fond of. I'm not sure she actually uses it though. I've only seen her lay on the base of it and bite the catnip mouse hanging off the top. I'm trying to teach her though. I take her little paws and scratch them on the post for her. She probably has no clue what I'm trying to do. Thank goodness I didn't have to train her to use the litter box.

And, her cold from the Humane Society is getting better. She is getting used to taking her medicine, and not trying to scratch my eyes out when I give it to her. The vet said I also need to give her lysine, which is an immune system booster. So today I went to some body builder muscle store and asked them if they had any. The muscle guy said "what are you going to use it for?" And I said, "Oh, I'm going to give it to my cat, she has a cold." He told me that he has people come in to buy glucosimine condroitin for their dogs. Ok, so I'm not that weird.

And thanks to the fact that I had a 9:30 am meeting in Fort Lauderdale, I got to sleep late today. Which means I will have plenty of energy for happy hour tonight! So, things are pretty good right now, happy hour, Friday, and then weekend! This week is flying by!

Oh, and here's the best news, my diet/exercise combo looks like it is starting to work, which is great because I am trying to be as skinny as possible when I see my friends from college at a wedding next month. I am starting to look less like an attorney who sits at her desk 9 hours a day and more like my normal self before I started working. Go me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the diet/exercise program, sounds like you’ve got a good start.