Friday, August 1, 2008

This week

It didn't suck as much as it could have. Big boss was out of the office and will be until next Wednesday. While that is good because I don't have someone screaming my name, summoning me into their office, it also meant that I needed to get a little creative with stuff to do at work. So I ended up going to 2 hearings I didn't really have to so I could bill time, and also so I didn't have to be in the office, because, well, I fucking hate it.

I had a depo yesterday in a case with our new partner, who is WAY cooler than the 2 other partners. So I prepped for it like a MF because I really did not want to disappoint him, and because he trusts me soooooo much. And, the depo went great. I'm proud of myself. I don't feel like that all of the time, especially pertaining to work matters.

There has been a lot of drama in the office this week. I have not been part of any of it. My secretary has. She's kind of an instigator, and she has a big mouth too. Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I know we're not technically in the same "tree." But when she sees little Curlatini hanging up the phone on other attorneys, screaming at others, and threatening to bring certain people into a lawsuit because they are in this country illegally, and she knows it will scare the crap out of them, and will cause major disruptions in the business of another party in the suit, maybe she's using me as a "role model" of sorts. Maybe that's not such a good thing sometimes. But I did just go to visit my grandmother out of town, and I use copious amounts of my patience to not lose it with people in my personal life. So, maybe she will see that too. Or maybe she will just see when I am jerky and mean. Hmmmm.

I hope I have a good weekend. I'm kind of looking forward to it, but I worry still about people and things, and crap I probably should not worry about. It's hard for me to relax. I may have mentioned this before.

The new cleaning service started today. I'm excited to see how clean my house is, and also if the cleaning people broke and/or stole anything. And that MF better be clean because they were sending 2 people to clean my house for 4 hours! That's 8 hours of cleaning. So if I hear that they were "too busy" cleaning up my dirt (and I live alone, it's not that dirty to begin with) to iron my 4 shirts and 1 pair of pants, I won't be pleased. And I will also probably say "WTF." But not just the letters, the actual words.

I looked at the humane society website for the location near my house. There are several cute long haired kitties that seemed to be saying "hi mommy, prrrrrrrrrr. Look how soft and pretty we are." I might go by and visit, and i might accidentally adopt one and she will become my new friend. I have been thinking about this for a while. I am tired of being alone when I don't want to be. There's only so many things I can discuss with myself. It makes me sad. Like those kitties might feel neglected and sad living in their little cages. So maybe I will rescue one and we can hang out together. Maybe the fact that I hate my job is making me drepressed about other things that normally would make me happy. Not sure I can last here until January. That seems so far away.

Oh, and I went out to lunch with the other attorneys in the office and the office manager today. We think the lady boss will be at the swingers convention at the Diplomat this weekend. The thought of that makes me want to puke. Not just because the idea of "swinging" is vile, but also lady boss is vile, and uhhhh yuck. If you ever saw her you might make the same comment a friend of mine did at our office Christmas party last year---"What is wrong with her face?" Yes, it's that bad. I can't wait until I never have to look at her again.

No comments: