Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Her Dad is going to be so disappointed


Hi All. I think I may have mentioned way back when that I have a ton of feral cats in my neighborhood. My idiot neighbor feeds them, and then after their delicious meal, they relieve themselves on my lawn, my flowers, my plants, and anywhere else they know I can smell it. Due to the fact that I am HOA President I can inform my neighbors that they need to cease and desist certain activities and sign the "memo" on behalf of the Board. I do this with some regularity as it seems that since I've become a homeowner, I have also become the neighbor that complains about her neighbors constantly because they allow their dogs to bark at inappropriate times or becuase they invite the cats to poop in my yard by feeding them practically in my yard. Oh, and BTW, the dog barking thing, I didn't even give the neighbors a warning I just called the cops on them because disturbing my sleep is unforgivable!


Anywhoo, I resolved the issue with the cat-feeding neighbor. She now feeds them off of association property and they have found alternate places to poop. But that hasn't taken care of the cat population altogether. You see, I'm a cat person. And I'm a real sucker for kittens. So, a few months ago, when a mommy cat decided to have her kittens in my backyard, I didn't scare the mommy away, and force her to take the kittens with her. I waited until mommy was hunting, or sleeping with herBF, and then i picked up each of the FIVE kittens and played with them, and cuddled them, and talked to them like they were my babies. OMG they were so cute! And when the mommy came back to visit the kids I counseled her about the dangers of teenage pregnancy (I'm not even sure mommy was a year old when the kittens were born). That teenage pregnancy can lead a person to dropout of school, do drugs, drink too much, and lead your kids down the wrong path..........

Fast forward to yesterday. The mommy isn't around much anymore, but there are 2 kittens that still like to play in my backyard, and they are just too cute to scare away. Plus I like to watch them play and give them motherly advice from time to time, since it appears as though their own mother has gone back to streetwalking, and they're now my adopted children.

So, now the kittens are about 12 weeks old and still cute and little. One is all black, and the other is black with a white spot on her face with long fluffy fur. She's my favorite. And she's so pretty, I'm sure that's why the pedophile tomcat wanted to "make nice" with her. They are still so young. The thought never even crossed my mind to give them the "birds and bees" talk. But maybe I should have talked to them about "strangers."
It happened yesterday when I was on the phone with Grandma Curl (because I'm the Mommy). We are just chatting away when I decided to open the blinds and check on my babies outside. What I saw horrified me! My precious baby was trapped on the ground under a sexual predator of the cat world, and it looked like he was about to make my baby a woman! I don't think he actually did anything yet because she wasn't crying, he was just "getting ready." And the worst part of the whole thing was that there were 2 other cats there just watching!
But then again, maybe my kitty wanted it! Maybe she wanted to "experiment." Experiment? With sex? She's not even in college yet. Kids these days grow up so fast.
And, reacting to what I was witnessing, as any protective parent would do, I was outside in about 1 second flat and attempted to strangle the "rapist/kitty molester." But he ran away, and I couldn't catch him. So the next time I see him, I'm just going to try and run him over with my car.
And here's where we get to the title of this post. My BF, he's a little more conservative than I am. Maybe I can be a little more understanding of this whole situation, that our little baby is going to be a slut just like her Mom (the cat one, not me), and he is going to be so disappointed (that's right, you're the kitten's "daddy," I just decided today). Maybe he will decide to take a more active role in the life of our kitten, and try to talk to her like I do. Or maybe he will ignore her, like he usually does because he's a dog person, who condones sex between a kitten and a cat.
Our little baby is all grown up. I'm going to be a grandmother soon and I'm only 31. Cry.

No comments: