Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday morning check in

Hi. I know the weekend just ended and everything, but you know what? I'm still really tired. My Mom says its stress. And considering the month I've had, I think I might agree with that diagnosis because I would venture to say that I've just concluded one of the most stressful months ever. And I've been working out like mad to get ready for the trip to the DR.

And this weekend after I was done in the gym I decided to exercise outside, not realizing that it was 100 degrees until halfway through the workout I began to feel a little woozy and went home. Sweating and excessive heat make you tired too, right? Ok so I have many reasons for being tired.

And silly me for thinking I might have an easy week because this morning my lady boss says that instead of just doing some small research project for her, I need to draft a whole response to a Motion for Summary Judgment (because she doesn't know how to and has admitted as much to me). So, because I want her to think that I care about pleasing her, I'll do it, and I will do a very good job on it so that when she reads my response to the Motion she will learn how its done. Isn't it nice when you can teach your boss how to do something that they are already supposed to know how to do?

And I'm still going to Atlanta tomorrow. So, I'll have to finalize my "big assignment" on Wednesday in between my manicure appointment and my after work, previously scheduled social activity/networking event.

And then, in three short days, I am off to the DR with my manfriend. That's my new word from the Sex and the City movie, which I saw last night, and which caused me not to go to sleep until after midnight, which also may account for my tired state.

Ok, I need to work a little and then go to lunch, and then get my dry cleaning, and then work a little more, and then work out and then sleep.

So, yeah, that's pretty much my day, in case you were interested, which you're probably not because it is so boring.

I will try to bring humor back after my vacation. It seems to have disappeared along with my energy.

No comments: