Monday, September 17, 2007

Yom kippur

Yom kippur begins Friday at sundown. This is one of the "High Holy days" in the Jewish religion. It is considered one of the holiest and most solemn days of the year. While I am not the most religious of Jews, I usually observe Yom Kippur.

I was thinking about possibly not fasting this year, because I haven't been that "bad" this year. But considering my last post and many recent bad thoughts and comments about my boss I'm going to fast because maybe I need to be kinder and more understanding of people even if they aren't that way to me. I need to stop treating people how they treat me.

I should just try to be a good person and maybe things will pay off at some point. Ok, there's a goal for the next Judaic year, try to be a better person. If you are a Jew, you get 2 chances for new year's resolutions. Nice.

No comments: