Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ironic

For those of you who don't know, I've been having a little trouble at work lately. Mainly, my boss is a total asshole who likes to hide behind his computer and call me names and insult me instead of speaking to me in person. Let's face is, he's a pussy and could never say those things to my face. Anyway, because of this recent exchange between he and I, I've been working my ass off, staying really late every night and working all weekend. Oh, and I've seriously started looking for a new job.

So, in the elevator this morning another attorney says to me "you must be a glutton for punishment, I leave at 6:30 or 7 every night and your car is always still here." Well, it's nice that at least someone noticed.

I'm really looking forward to leaving this job. For many reasons: I've been really depressed ever since I started working here, it is way more stressful than it should be, it has driven me to drink and avoid doing things I used to enjoy (the gym, socializing, being happy), and I've gained weight because of it all too. So, I'll try to have a good attitude when I come in here every day because I know that I will eventually be able to leave this place and try to be happy again. But then I worry every day that when I come in he's going to fire me. So, I'm trying to leave him before he dumps me. Wow this is starting to sound like a "relationship." Gross

I'm still considering posting the e-mail exchange between me and the cockface I work for, maybe then you all will see what it's like to work in such a nurturing, warm, collegial environment (the preceding phrase should be read in a sarcastic manner).

No comments: