Friday, September 28, 2007

How your mood affects other things

Does this ever happen to you?

You're annoyed or in a bad mood and you just start getting annoyed with every other thing or person that you encounter.

That's me right now. Or maybe I'm just annoyed with someone who's just annoying. It's my secretary. She talks, and talks, and talks. She never shuts up. She tells me all about Charlie Sheen and how she loves his TV show, and tells me that in real life he's just like the character she plays on the show. Wow, I had no idea she was personal friends with Charlie Sheen. Amazing.

The, she'll complain that she has no work to do. So, I give her work to do and it just sits there while she cruises the internet for information to confirm her suspicions that George Clooney is gay.

Once my boss, Cockface, comes into the office and gives her things to do, she wants to quit her job because she hates doing work, I think. And, her cell phone rings 5 times a day, and of course the ringer is on the loudest setting. And when it rings, she is so annoyed that people are calling and bothering her. My suggestion would be to turn down the ringer, so as not to bother people who are attempting to work, and not answer the phone until after work, like most professionals do. Now I know she's not a professional, but I am sick of hearing her conversations every day about:

how she's turning 50

how much she loves her dog

all the unnecessary crap she buys from HSN and QVC

how she never leaves the house because she loves her dog so much

how her dog has a haircut like Rod Stewart

how she doesn't talk to her mother

how rich her parents are

how rich her ex-husband is

that she still talks to her ex-husband even though he used to beat the crap out of her

how so many men want to go out with her

how she won't go out with anyone because she needs to lose 15 pounds

how much clothing she has in her closet

that she's starting a new business on ebay.

Ok, that list is pretty exhaustive. If a new topic emerges, I will be sure and let everyone know because I'm sure I will hear about it 15 times.

No comments: