Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Thank you

Normally I would never say thank you to a guy I no longer date, but I'm making an exception this time. Ok, so I started dating this guy a little over a month ago and decided that I was kind of into him. But since I became a lawyer and now have a "real job," I started skipping the gym more and more. So when I realized that I liked this guy, I started eating super healthy again and working out like crazy. You know, so I could feel good inside and out try to look good with my clothes off.

As some of you may know, I have no patience. Since I didn't notice any overnight weight loss, I started to complain to my friends. And, of course being the good friends that they are, I was told to be patient (because they know me too well) and stick with it. So I did.

After this weekend, the guy is no longer around. Now normally I would mope around the house and feel sorry for myself for days. But this time that feeling only lasted for about 2-4 hours. And here's why.....I looked into the mirror and finally noticed that the healthy eating and sweaty energy-draining workouts had worked. I actually noticed a difference! My old clothes began to fit me again!

And just so you think I'm not full of shit, I'm not the only one that noticed!

*July 22, 2007, 1:07 p.m.--my sister complimented my new physique (and I wasn't fishing for compliments, hadn't mentioned a thing about fitting into my clothes, and wasn't going to mention it)!!!

On Sunday when my sis came over I already felt great and was in a fantastic mood, but the compliment from her sent me over the edge. I am so sticking with the diet and exercise even if it is exhausting and leaves me waking up from hunger pains in the middle of the night. I am that much closer to my goal weight (which I will hopefully reach within a month), and I am motivated to continue being healthy again.

Being constantly hungry and exhausted from too much physical activity, torture.

Receiving unsolicited compliment from your sister that you look thin, PRICELESS!

Thanks A!

No comments: