Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Are all secretaries annoying?

Or just mine? Or is it that this week our file clerk has been out, which means that my secretary has no one to talk to and since my door is usually open, she now talks to me non-stop. I can't take it, I'm going to just have to shut my door from now on no matter what is going on in the office like my boss.

This morning I got in, just wanted to say a quick hello to her and then get to work. Instead, I'm sucked into the black hole of conversations about how she sold her 20 year old Louis Vuitton bag on e-bay and now the buyer is giving her a hard time. She then drags out pages of e-mails which she reads aloud to me. By then end of the reading, I am totally aggravated with the secretary's buyer and the secretary. I give her this advice: "You're being too nice. Tell the buyer to fuck off and re-list the item. I think you just like complaining about this and I'm tired of hearing about it." Oops, I kind of lost my cool at the end but I really cannot stand to hear her endless complaining about everything under the sun.

*see list in previous posts of my secretary's favorite topics to complain about.

She also has an abundance of time to search the internet and comment on current events and news, but seems to have no time lately to empty my outbox so that I can actually do work and things in the office can be filed in a timely manner. Weird.

No comments: